Career Opportunity: QHSE Manager
Friday May 5th, 2017
ASV Global is seeking a QHSE Manager to join our Portsmouth facility.
QHSE (quality, health, safety and environment) Manager
About ASV Global:
We are a fast paced, rapidly expanding, world leading company, specialising in the design, build and operation of unmanned maritime vehicles and control systems. We operate in the Military, energy and research sectors and build innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems.
Our UK offices just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire provides a perfect location for the development and testing of our products. We solve the problems that others can’t.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then ASV Global is for you.
Portchester, Hampshire UK
- Manage and maintain ASV Global’s ISO:9001 Quality Management System (QMS) including: manage and conduct the internal audit programme, identify and implement improvement measures across the Company.
- Manage and oversee ASV Global’s internal Business Management System (BMS). Drive improvements and development of both the QMS and BMS throughout the company to ensure that they conform to planned expectations and are effectively implemented and maintained.
- Undertake external audits of suppliers, and ensure quality across the supply chain.
- Manage ASV Global’s Quality, Test and Inspection process in the development of all autonomous vehicles. Work with Heads of Department to drive improvements and enhancements to the delivery process. Identify and follow up all non-conformities and act on processes to continually improve ASV Global’s BMS/QMS.
- Assist with vessel commissioning (Factory, Harbour and Sea Acceptance Tests) for internal projects and customer acceptance events.
- Lead and direct the existing Safety Committee and ensure the company follows all legal and commercial requirements relating to HSE.
- Manage and maintain all HSE documentation (risk register, risk assessments, safety policy, trials plans); liaise with all heads of departments to ensure safe working practice throughout the company.
- Overall, a practical hands-on approach working with senior management and workshop/engineering staff to ensure all quality and HSE requirements are met thereby
- Industry experience managing and administering a Quality Management System to an InternationalStandard.
- Formal qualification with the requirements of ISO:9001 / ISO:140001 / ISO:18001 and/or other relevantquality standards.
- Experience in conducting compliance audits of organisations and individuals.
- Involvement with business process reviews and business change initiatives.
- The ability to train and coach new / existing departmental employees in quality philosophies,techniques and improvement methodologies.
- Experience drafting quality documentation.
- A marine engineering background would be beneficial.
Dependent on experience
CV’s with covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th June 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Downloadable PDF available here.