Career Opportunity: Project Support Officer
Thursday August 3rd, 2017
ASV Global is seeking an experienced Project Support Officer to be based at the company’s UK headquarters in Portchester, Hampshire.
Job title: Project Support Officer
About ASV Global:
We are a fast paced, rapidly expanding, world leading company, specialising in the design, build and operation of unmanned maritime vehicles and control systems. We operate in the Military, energy and research sectors and build innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems.
Our UK offices just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire provides a perfect location for the development and testing of our products. We solve the problems that others can’t.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then ASV Global is for you.
Location: Portchester, Hampshire UK (view on map)
The main objective is to support the Project Managers and Project Teams in the co-ordination, planning and control of ASV projects. You will ensure the agreed project management methods and standards are implemented throughout the project lifecycle, which may include the following:
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the Project Managers, Product Managers and Project Teams in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Develop and maintain the project libraries, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement appropriate configuration management procedures.
- Co-ordinate the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Assist the Project Managers / Product Managers in organising and conducting ongoing customer meetings and regular project update/review meetings to ASV directors and Heads of Department. This will include minute taking.
- Set up and maintain systems for recording project costs including providing support to the project managers in tracking ongoing costs and forecasts
- Define and document procedures in accordance with agreed methodology.
- Degree-level qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in safety engineering/ product safety, and activities contributing to the production of safety cases
- Sound theoretical & practical knowledge of functional safety engineering fundamentals
- Broad knowledge of industry safety standards (such as Def Stan, IEC, Mil Stan or similar)
- Ability to develop and implement a functional safety management system within the organisation
- Ability to carry out SIL verification and functional safety audits.
- Awareness of project management fundamentals
- Awareness of management of change processes
- Strong process discipline
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without sponsorship
- Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
- Maintain risk and issue logs and change control records.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams.
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Project Managers / Product Managers.
- The ability to produce and deliver high quality, well formatted technical documentation.
- Knowledge of a formal project management methodology.
- A high degree of computer literacy including advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite and a willingness and skill to learn new programs quickly.
- Project planning ability and experience with software tools such as MS Project.
- Ability to analyse and present information.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong organisational abilities, oral & written communication skills.
- Self-directed, organised, systematic, punctual, and goal-oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Project management experience.
- Experience of the marine industry from a commercial oil and gas, survey or defence background.
- Personal interest in marine activities.
- Experience working with robotic and autonomous systems.
Responsible to: Project Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply: Please e-mail your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for downloadable PDF.