Career Opportunity: Naval Architect
Thursday April 27th, 2017
ASV, LLC is seeking a Naval Architect as its continues to develop and establish a foothold in the rapidly growing market space for Unmanned Surface Vessels. He or she will lead the systems design effort on individual projects. The role will be based out of ASV, LLC’s headquarters in Broussard, Louisiana.
About ASV, LLC:
ASV, LLC is an exciting young technology growth company whose principle business is unmanned and autonomous marine vessel design, construction, operation, sales, and leasing. ASV, LLC is the US arm of the international ASV Global group. ASV Global operates in the military, energy and research sectors and builds innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems. The company has established a position as the market leader having delivered over 80 systems to date. ASV, LLC currently employs 23 personnel, 21 of which are technical. The UK office, ASV Limited, is a sister company to ASV, LLC and has 65 employees. In total, ASV Global has about 88 employees and hit expected 2016 revenues of just under $10 million dollars. The company is six years old and is well funded.
Broussard, Louisiana (suburb of Lafayette). Selected candidate will be expected to reside in the Lafayette, Louisiana area within six months of
Applies naval architectural knowledge in accordance with applicable regulatory body rules, regulations, and industry standards to develop analyses and products in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Hull form and hydrodynamic performance, including development of hull form geometry and lines plans, hydrostatics and curves of form, resistance and powering estimates, propulsor design and performance, appendage design, maneuvering analyses, seakeeping analyses, development of model test plans and observing and analyzing data from model tests or full scale
- Weight and stability analyses, including development of weight and center of gravity estimates, performance of intact and damaged stability analyses, performance of deadweight surveys and inclining experiments
- Concept and feasibility design studies addressing whole ship sizing and performance analyses, requirements validation, and design optimization;
- Design integration, coordinating inputs from various naval architectural and other engineering disciplines, such as marine engineering and structures, into balanced, closed solution designs to establish principal characteristics and design features such as length, beam, depth, draft, displacement, speed, and other performance parameters;
- Structural design, developing hull girder bending moments and structural configurations and scantlings in accordance with appropriate rules or design standards, development of superstructure, mast, and local support structure to withstand primary and secondary loads;
- General arrangements and configuration, developing requirements for area and volume, preparing overall ship arrangement concepts and drawings illustrating primary functional allocation of spaces within the ship considering location and adjacency constraints, performing special studies including access and line of sight analyses, assisting in detailed layouts of individual
- Specify and source equipment to be installed onboard vessels
- Assist in develop the technical process of bids: pricing materials and estimate labor required
- Support the development of standard processes and procedures
- Review all engineering deliverables for quality, approving them for production
- Support the preparation of class submittals to USCG, ABS, and other regulatory bodies
- Specify, evaluate and manage sub-contract labor for major ship system installation
- BS in Naval Architecture plus a minimum 5 years related experience.
- Knowledgeable in naval architecture standards, practices, and tools.
- Ability to apply regulatory body rules, ship specifications, and other technical guidance to develop conforming designs and modifications to ships and craft.
- Experience performing complex analyses of hull forms to include predicting hydrodynamic performance, seakeeping, and scaling model tests to full size trials.
- Demonstrated ability to perform weight and stability analysis
Dependent on experience.
CV’s with covering letter to careersUS@asvglobal.com
Click here for the downloadable PDF.