Career Opportunity: Mechanical Design Engineer
Friday September 22nd, 2017
ASV Global is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to support our rapidly expanding Mechanical Design Team, undertaking mechanical engineering tasks on a range of unmanned marine systems for commercial and defence customers.
Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
About ASV Global:
We are a fast paced, rapidly expanding, world leading company, specialising in the design, build and operation of unmanned maritime vehicles and control systems. We operate in the Military, energy and research sectors and build innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems.
Our UK offices just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire provides a perfect location for the development and testing of our products. We solve the problems that others can’t.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then ASV Global is for you.
Location: Portchester, Hampshire UK (view on map)
- Undertake mechanical engineering tasks on a range of unmanned marine systems for commercial and defence customers.
- Design and create 3D Parametric solid models of all designs along with 2D mechanical production drawings according to the company procedures using Solidworks.
- Evaluate Mechanical Design using Solidworks’s FEA suite.
- Maintain all documentation related to the design engineering aspects of all executed projects, per established ISO standards.
- Support the production and maintenance team in the workshop.
- Determine and specify materials, processes and 3rd party components for all new product designs.
- Ensure that manufacturing and component procurement cost for product designs align with targets.
- Develop, test and evaluate prototypes in the workshop.
- Ensure that all products are designed in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognised engineering standards.
- Work closely with the design and operations teams in the UK, USA and Brasil.
- System commissioning and testing (FAT, HAT and SAT).
- Ensure products and systems comply with relevant regulations and design standards.
- Extensive experience in Solidworks, especially in large assemblies
- Experience in Finite Elements Analysis
- Ability to use a wide variety of Design softwares and tools
- Organized, systematic, punctual and goal oriented
- Must have a right to live and work in the UK
- Experience in marine environment (business o leisure)
- Hand sketching skills
- Experience in Solidwork’s Finite Elements Analysis
- Experience in designing aluminium structures
Responsible to: Head of Design
Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply: Please e-mail your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Click here for downloadable PDF.