Career Opportunity: Electrical Engineer
Tuesday January 22nd, 2019
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you want to join an exciting, dynamic, and rapidly expanding industry?
Job title: Electrical Engineer
Company: L3 ASV
Position Location: Broussard, Louisiana (suburb of Lafayette)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
L3 ASV is seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer as it continues to develop and establish a foothold in the rapidly growing market space for Unmanned Surface Vessels. The role will be based out of L3 ASV’s headquarters in Broussard, Louisiana.
About L3 ASV:
L3 ASV is an exciting young technology growth company whose principle business is unmanned and autonomous marine vessel design, construction, operation, sales, and leasing. L3 ASV operates in the military, energy and research sectors and builds innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems. The company has established, in both the US and sister company in the UK, a position as the market leader having delivered over 100 systems to date.
Responsible for electrical, communications, and control equipment for unmanned and autonomous marine systems.
Typical duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Designing DC and AC marine power systems
- Designing and integrating with electrical control systems for boats
- Integrating with supplier equipment
- Generating detailed 2D CAD production drawings and complete bills of materials
- Controlled issuing of drawings for production
- Design and prototyping of PCBs
- Writing documentation including user manuals
- Detailing cable runs and the hardware to support them
- Creating test rigs for prototype equipment
- Selecting commercial-off-the-shelf equipment and designing products around them
- Specifying cables, connectors, containers and other components
- Working knowledge of, and ability to work to, marine electrical standards
- Knowledge of RF equipment including radios, cabling, antennas and connectors
- Writing detailed test and acceptance documents
- Providing support to electrical and mechanical production staff
- Control system commissioning and testing (in factory and at sea)
- Factory and customer acceptance trials including sea trials
- Working with sales engineers to estimate resources and timescales to develop electrical systems
- Working closely with the entire design and development teams in both the USA and the UK
- Electrical or electronics degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- High attention to detail and quality
- Must be able to manage own time and deliver to tight deadlines, creating and following strict project plans
- The ability to fault find, test, and interrogate electrical systems
- Ability to constructively express opinion and clearly interchange ideas and solutions with colleagues
- Well presented, motivated, practical and willing to go to sea for short durations.
- Able to work flexible hours and to travel when required.
- Knowledge and experience of Ethernet networking, serial and CAN bus networks
- Knowledge of marine engine wiring
- Knowledge of electric motors, linear actuators and motor control
- Knowledge of good EMI/EMC management practices
- Knowledge of CE marking and documentation
- Experience in PLC programming
- Experience of micro controller development
- Project management/technical lead experience
- A keen interest in robotics and unmanned vehicles
- Experience in defense, oil and gas or ocean science industries
CV’s to careersUS@asvglobal.com.
Click here for a downloadable PDF.