Career Opportunity: Defence Technical Sales Manager
Monday February 20th, 2017
ASV Global is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Manager, based in Portsmouth, who will manage product and system sales into the defence markets in Europe, the Middle East and Asia (EMEA).
Defence Technical Sales Manager
About ASV Global:
We are a fast paced, rapidly expanding, world leading company, specialising in the design, build and operation of unmanned maritime vehicles and control systems. We operate in the Military, energy and research sectors and build innovative, technologically advanced products to solve difficult problems.
Our UK offices just outside Portsmouth, Hampshire provides a perfect location for the development and testing of our products. We solve the problems that others can’t.
Our success is due to the people we employ – if you’re smart, adaptable, highly productive, a team player and relish the challenge that comes with solving difficult problems then ASV Global is for you.
Portchester, Hampshire UK
- Develop and sustain strategic relationships with key individuals within defence primes (national and international)
- Develop and sustain strategic relationships with foreign defence agencies
- Negotiate and close sales
- Lead and write technical sales proposals
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs) / Requests for Information (RFIs)
- Generate new sales leads and opportunities for ASV Global products
- Proactively seek audiences and venues for customer familiarisation briefings and presentations
- To identify and establish key customers and partnerships and establish sustainable relationships
- Represent ASV Global at public forums and trade shows
- Generate longer term business development
- Act as the ‘eyes and ears’ on the ground to provide market and competitive intelligence
- Other projects and responsibilities as may be added at the company’s discretion
- Coordinate with Directors and Senior Managers to deliver innovative solutions and ensure a superior customer experience
- Routinely report and relay information to the sales team
- Support the Sales and Marketing Director in working alongside existing customers seeking opportunities for repeat business
- Adhere to the company sales process
- Track and record all sales activity in the company CRM tool
This role will require some travel (about 20% of time) to conferences, client visits, and ASV demonstrations. Mostly domestic, some international.
- Background in a defence environment
- Established connections in the UK defence industry
- Experience in technical sales proposal writing
- Strong word processing and writing skills
- A confident presenter
- Undergraduate Degree (Graduate Degree or equivalent experience a plus).
- 5 years proven results in sales to the UK and EMEA in defence/maritime domain.
- Very strong organisational abilities, oral & written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, organised, systematic, punctual, and goal-oriented.
- Familiarity with contracting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with contact management software/ CRM tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Ex-Royal Navy
- Marine operational experience
- Personal interest in marine activities
Sales and Marketing Director
Dependent on experience.
CV’s with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for downloadable PDF.